Hard Rock Café is an international chain of theme restaurants and hotels. There are about 60 facilities in all major cities in USA only! In its relatively short history they managed to position themselves as a well-known and recognized brand, just like Starbucks in a coffee world, or McDonalds’s in the world of fast food, that is what HRC stands for in the world of music, fun and food. Their motto is “Love All-Serve All” as well as “All is One”.
The process of getting a job can last from several days to several weeks. Sometimes they even include the interview with one of the managers, and sometimes with a couple of them. Some experiences suggest that some people even got the job the same day. Besides the usual preparation for the interview with an employer, in the following paragraphs you will carefully read what you have to pay attention to regarding the HRC managers.
Something that managers usually look for is the so-called great personality. They like to hire people who are unique, who love music and feel comfortable serving guests, in other words, people who like working with people. Do not be surprised if they ask unusual questions about music or the interior design of some facility that is characterized by some current symbol, event, or a couple of them, the so-called Memorabilia.
Servers get paid a minimum wage. It is not possible to negotiate. The following questions can also be posed to those interested the position of a host/hostess, or a busser. Be positive when you are responding to the questions and try to bring the enthusiasm into them. Keep an eye contact and respond clear and concise. The usual questions are:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- What do you study?
- What do you know about Hard Rock Cafe?
- Why you want to work for HRC?
- What do you think your qualities are?
- Do you have previous experience in _________?
- Tell me something about your previous employment?
- Why do you think you’d fit in here?
And here are questions you should think about:
- What is your favorite band?
- Tell me about a time you had a problem with a guest and how you solved it?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you dance in public?
- I already have a great staff, why I would hire you?
- Tell me about a time you got bad service?
- What is an example of how you handled a bad guest experience? ili
- What would you do to win over an unsatisfied guest?
- What would you do with an upset guest?
- If I was in a band, what would I play?
- What band would you like to see play at the Hard Rock and why?
- Tell me about a time you didn’t get along with a fellow employee and how did you deal with it?
- What is your favorite piece of memorabilia in the cafe and why?
By now you’ve read or heard that an essential part of every interview consists of the questions you would like to ask the employer. That is something that will make you stand out among a large number of candidates. By doing so, you show the employer that you are interested and enthusiastic about working in Hard Rock Cafe. The suggested question to ask the employer are following:
- Can you please tell me something about training process?
- I want to know more about company culture?
- If I prove my self as a proactive and perspective candidate for another position, do I have a chance to apply during the season?
- What development opportunities are?
IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE IT IN THE COMMENTS
This post is also available in: RS